Saturday, September 24, 2005

Saturday Workout 9/24

I started with some steep incline presses, and some seated presses. I won't bore you with the details. Since we are concentrating on grip here. I have found that if I lift before a grip workout it is easier to get warmed up and the grip session usually goes pretty good.

I use the Ironmind Apollon's Axle for all movements when at home. Even with pressing you get some indirect forearm work, and it also takes the stress off of my elbows.

Grippers

Trainer x 10
#1 x 5
#2 x 1 overcrush
Filed #3 - over 1/4 inch cut from inside. I cannot touch the ends, but each rep is in the regular closed zone.

Left Hand x 15 + 1 forced and hold
Right Hand x 4 + 1 forced and hold.

All reps are around parallel or a tad more in width. I do set the gripper at this stage.

Go-Really Grip - One Hand - 2x6 wood under slide, reps are about 1" or so.

145x1 each hand
160x4 Right Hand
176.125 Left Hand

At the end of each set, I do a hold and negative.

Titan's Telegraph
These are done in between sets of the G0-Really.
I do a partial movement, I have a 2x6 underneath the movement arm some my hand can fit.
40x20
41.25x12

#2 for parallel reps
50xLeft Hand
40xRight Hand

Block Weight work

1/2 of York 80 + 10lbs of platemate magnets - LEFT HAND
4 sets if 4 reps just picking and inch off floor.

BLOB50 York Replica - RIGHT HAND
(By now my hands are pretty toasted)
I touch my Right thumb with my left indexfinger and do 5 full deadlifts.
This is a great method if you are trying to bust through some blob work.
On a fresh day on can pull this thing alone, but after crush I am toasted.

Music - Cephalic Carnage - Anomalies