Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sunday Workout 9/25

Hands felt a bit sore from yesterday.

I started with some one arm dumbbell rows. I did not use the fat dumbbells. Just a plain Cap brand olympic dumbbell. Since it is sort of grip related, I will report:
60x10
100x10
150x10

Nothing to failure just some solid reps. I Usually hit back twice at the YMCA also, during the week.

I also did some seated presses with the axle. I needed to get some of the soreness out.

Now grip:

I rolled out the 1/2 of York 80 and did:
4 sets of 2 full deadlifts with the Left hand (the last 2 sets I added 1.25lbs of PlateMate magnets). Each set was pretty solid, nothing was balls to the wall.

Right Hand
4 sets of single reps with BLOB50 replica, full deadlifts. Using finger assist method.
I worked up to 1.25LBS of PlateMates. I just touch my thumb with my free index finger, then
pull away.

My hands were still a bit fatigued from yesterday, I just wanted to get some blood in.

Wrists

I use a Olympic EZ curl bar for all wrist curls. My wrists are pretty beat from 10 years of Judo. Using a straight bar is murder.

Reverse Wrist Curls
67x20 - pretty solid reps
122x4 - not full reps, solid partials. Cannot quit get past parallel.
117x6 - reps a bit better.

Doing these partials oncve a week over the past few months has worked well. Just be careful. During the week I just stay in the 50-70lb range.

Wrist Curls.

I just dip below parallel then curl up. Again during the week I go lighter and get a fuller range.

117x30 - Full Reps
217x10 - just below parallel, then up
207x21 - same as above.

If you are neglecting wrist and forearm work, you are making a mistake. They play a big role in stablizing your crush.

Now I'm toasted.

Workout music consisted of Suffocation's "Pierced From Within" - This is CLASSIC
DEATH METAL.

Check the Amazon Link on the side. They have really enhanced their offerings of great metal albums.