Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thursday - 3/1

530AM

Trap Bar Deadlifts - 2x30

Shrugs w/ Apollon's Axle - Overhand Grip - 70% - 213x10, 303-4x6. Sub minute rests.

Grip Training

Lower arms sore going into this.

2 Hand Pinch Overcrush - 2x45 (Yorks) - 6 singles. At this width I need to focus on the pinky. Added some weight each set, still feeling around.

Placed 45's on 1.5" foam rubber block to get some "deload" in. - 1 hand attempts + squeeze - 3 sets of 3. I had the plates "freely spinning" with right hand on a few of the attempts. I may be seeing a tad of improvement.

2 hand "thick" towel rollup +12.5lbs - 4 reps. If you start doing these, emphasize manipulating the towel with ALL the fingers and thumb. These will hit narrow to wide as the towel rolls up. Superb.

Will do dynamic thumb later on. I am digging the #4 Ironmind Tug for the dynamic thumb work, the range of motion, and handle width/shape seem perfect. I give it a thumbs up.