Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sunday - 2/25

Another snow storm coming. I felt it the minute I got up.

9AM
Trap Bar Deadlifts - 3x25 - I never go higher than a pair of 45's on each end. I have no idea what the bar weighs. It seems much heavier than my York Olympic bar.

Shrugs w/ Apollon's Axle - Overhand Grip - 65% - 213x10, 283 - 8sets of 3 - shorts rests - "speed day". I am going to keep these in this range until I find my way with the 45's pinch.

Grip Training

2x45's - will always refer to 2 York 45lb plates.

Plate Pass hand to hand - 3 each hand

2 hand deadlift with 2x45's, overcrushes for 8-10 seconds or so. 8 singles. Added weight each set to find "the zone".
I used a combination of an Ironmind Loading pin, a 25lb York, Platemates and one of those chromed collars from a curl bar. I am not counting the weight of the Loading Pin or collar.

Thumb webbing took a beating, but no "rips". It will be New-Skin and hand lotion for the duration.

I started dynamic thumb work using an Ironmind #4 Tug. This is right in the width range/sweet spot of the 2 plates.

I definitely found the "weak" zone in my pinch. ;)

Music - The Incomparable Glen Benton and Deicide

DEICIDE - LEGION