Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Wednesday - 2/14

630AM

16F and we are getting hammered with snow. Skipped going to the Y. I'm not driving in that shit.

Trap Bar Deadlifts - 3x25 - I never weighed the bar, but it's heavier than a 7 foot Olympic bar. Due to my back, I keep the weights to no more then a pair of 45's per side.

Dumbbell Rows - I have not done these in MONTHS - Olympic dumbbell - no straps/no hook grip. 50x20, 100x20, 150x10, 180x6, 200x5. Had one more increment up in weight in me, but no sense in being stupid with my back. I used 6 25lb plates to make up the bulk of the weight and a pair of collars on each end. Once a plate falls on your foot your training IQ goes up. ;) If you are new here I had back surgery about 10 years ago (2 ruptured discs). It helped, but I have to be careful with everything I do, heavy lower body stuff is a no go. I loved Judo, but 10+ years of it took its toll.

JM Presses with Apollon's Axle - 6 sets of 10-12, 123lbs, 15-30second rests between sets.

Time to work up the courage to go out and fire up the snow blower.