Thursday, September 28, 2006

Chokers

I cannot figure these things out. If I put a #3 in my hand I can close it. Stick it in a choker at 1" or less, and NOTHING. All I get is a stabbing pain in the second knuckle of my middle finger.

I think that with a gripper choked to parallel there is a tendency to push it deeper into your hand. Deeper than you would normally be able to close the gripper with normally. I'm sure they have their place, but it astounds me when I see some of the big ass grippers some are closing from a choked position. If I am not mistaken, I think I saw one recent post where someone claimed a #4 close from a one inch choker?!? Come on. :O We know who the legit guys are, but some of this stuff just does not ring right.

I am wondering two things; Have these grippers been FOOT STOMPED seasoned? And does hand size play a role in avoiding the severe knuckle pain?

It also seems like there is too high of a percentage of monster grippers being closed in recent months, BUT a drought of certifications.