Saturday, September 30, 2006

Saturday 9/30

Got up at 5 to take care of some stuff at work. I'm sick like a fucking animal. God I hope it's not the bird flu. ;)
630AM - Grip Training
Left - 1/2 York 80 (42lbs) - 9 singles, 5 with +6.25lbs in platemates, 2 with +7.5 in platemates. Wrist improving. It was worth backing off.

Right 9 singles with PDA Blobette (45.5lbs base) - 7 were with +1.25lbs. Concentrating on form. Qhick lifts.

Fooled with sledge hammer stuff for about 10 minutes.

I have noticed that overcoming the inertia to break the blocks off the floor is the toughest for me. Hand placement and amount of starting squeeze pressure are critical (Hands < 7.5"). Practice is necessary. Doing negative holds helps greatly BUT it is easy to get over-confident.


MUSIC:


Album hits shelves Tuesday. Second to none Viking Death Metal. My pre-order is in.